The day the 'Two Johns' came!
Hazelmere were lucky enough to book both John Woodley and John Staines to deliver their 'Walk Online Roadshow' to not only all our pupils, but also to the staff (at a staff meeting) and then in the evening to our parents.
We take the online safety of our pupils very seriously, and everyone agreed they had learned a lot and would be going home to check and change the way they approached the safety of their children online. Below please find some comments from staff and parents:
'I found the event amazing, I had no idea I was so out of touch'
'It has made me realise that I need to get more involved with my children and know what they are doing, at the moment they tell me how everything works!'
Safer Internet Day - Top Tips to stay safe on-line
- Choose to be aware, always ask if there is something you are not sure about.
- Choose to make sensible choices online, ask an adult before downloading a new game or app.
- Choose to ask if it's ok, ask a friend before you post things about them.
- Choose to be a role model, always been kind to others online.
- Choose to ask for help, if there is anything you are worried about, always ask an adult for help.
The above document has been sent out to all parents via Ping. If you missed it, please download it from here. It offers great advice on screen time and social media use for young people.